Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week One (class act)- Alice

Class Act

When Ms.Brownrigg explained the development of the graphic novels to us on thursday, she said that Persepolis by Marjane Satratpi was published when graphic novels were not popular. However, Persepolis has succeeded as a comic book, and flourished to become a famous, Oscar-nominated animated film as well. It strikes me as amazing how a story of a person's life can affect millions of others. If I was asked the question, "what drives us to tell our stories?", by Mr.Mcguigan once again, I think my answer would be: we tell our stories to open other people's eyes, like Persepolis opened my eyes. Before I read the book, I didn't have a clue what a revolution can do to a person. Now, if I study revolutions, I can not only have a third-party perspective, but also connect with the people from the period.

This is a link to the trailer of the movie Persepolis!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoyqekKqj8&feature=related
it's in French, but there are subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment